What am I working on? Well, I think I'm working on attaining my official status as a stonelicker. Just a few short months ago, I had only successfully completed two bezel set pieces and just the thought of another attempt practically gave me an anxiety attack.
Having recently joined the Aspiring Metalsmiths Team on Etsy, I was in awe of the beautiful stone and metalwork of my teammates. Quite frankly, I became totally jealous of their creativity and abilities. So, I finally decided to bite the bullet, order a few special stones, and gave myself permission to screw up. And screw up, I did. I turned an amethyst drusy into ametrine, dropped a gorgeous green turquoise and broke it and then charred it. After seeking advice from my much superiorly skilled teammates and a little practice, I'm improving.
And now, I have become a stone addict. How many loose stones does one have in her possession before she officially becomes a stonelicker? I think I have approximately 50-60 stones laying around my studio just daring me to try to set them. So that's what I'm working on, taking on the dares one stone at a time. Here are the latest.
Matador Ole Necklace
Check out the awesome artists below and see what they are working on.
- Esmeralda http://jewelry-by-silverblueberry.blogspot.com/
- Happy Tortoise Designs http://www.happytortoisedesigns.blogspot.com/
- Crow Steals Fire http://crowstealsfire.blogspot.com/
- Contemporary Jewelry by Beatriz Fortes http://cjbf.blogspot.com/
- steph http://stephstargell.com
- Jessica @ Abella Blue http://www.abellablue.com/blog
- Pennee- All Wired Up Jewelry Designs http://www.allwiredupjewelrydesigns.blogspot.com/
- Sylvia Anderson http://www.sylviaanderson.blogspot.com/
- Stacy http://www.formandfunktionaccessories.blogspot.com/
- Mary Anne Karren http://silverpearlmetalworks.wordpress.com/
- Brightstar109 www.brightstar109.blogspot.com
- Amy Nicole Artisan Jewelry Http://Rubymtnbeads.blogspot.com
- Resurrection Silver http://www.resurrectionsilver.blogspot.com
- Kwant Essentials http://kwantessentials.blogspot.com/2011/07/show-and-tell-from-start-to-finish.html
- Kit and Caboodle Shop http://thisartistsjourney.blogspot.com
- Julie http://jamauerer.blogspot.com
- Lilian http://www.girllovesglitter.blogspot.com/
- Autumn Bradley Jewelry Design http://www.autumnbradley.blogspot.com